Very often, after sharing stories about our water development work in Kenya, people will ask, “what’s your goal?”.
The theme of this year’s UN World Water Day says it perfectly; “LEAVING NO ONE BEHIND”.
The facts are staggering,
- A child dies every 21 seconds from waterborne illness
- 80% of illness in developing countries is due to drinking contaminated water
- 2.1 billion people live without clean water at their home, that’s six and a half times the population of the United States!
- Women spend 200 million hours each day walking for water.
- The average distance women and girls walk each day for water is 3.7 miles.
- Water-borne diseases kill more children under the age of five than malaria, measles, and HIV/AIDS – combined.
These truths are pretty dismal but there is something you can do…
If you would like to be a part of solving the global water crisis while sharing the Love of Christ, donate here:
(be sure to choose H2O FOR LIFE KENYA from the drop-down menu)
Our water projects are currently serving more than 15,000 people each day. We want to double that number by 2021! Become a monthly water supporter by giving $35 each month. You can easily set up your recurring donation on our secure website.
The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice and be glad.